Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 11 Review Stations and Word Toss




We reviewed Unit 1 Introduction to Functions today using five stations.  One station I tried was @druinok last week.
"Word Toss" mentioned by

I gave students several words from the unit and asked them to write a "meaningful" sentence using as many of the words as possible.  Students worked in groups of 5 or 6 to create just "one" sentence together.











I was surprised by some groups - how well they did.  And I noticed in other groups that they struggled to find meaningful ways to put the words together.

My take-away ... I need to do more work with vocabulary and sentence writing.  Students are going to have to write on the test ... comparing two specified parent functions.  I'm hoping they will be ready to use the vocabulary!


No comments: