Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 10 Odd One Out

As I was projecting the warm-up, Odd One Out, I heard a student say in a sing song voice, "One of these things is not like the other" ... and I was reminded of Sesame Street!  What fun!

So I quickly located a Sesame Street song on Youtube, and played the music of the episode for the students while they studied the 2 x 2 chart.  They were surprised and amused.

Then as I noticed they thought they had "the" answer, I challenged them to find more possible right answers.

One student said "I have two already."  I said "Find more!"

Some students really got into it ... and began saying, "I have five" ... "I have seven!"

Another student said ... how can you have more than four?  OHHHH ... she said ... you could have different reasons.

And students found quite a few ways to explain the "odd one out!"

Great warm-up!!

No comments: